Great Ballard is a warm, friendly, Independent school in West Sussex where all children from 2-13 years are encouraged to reach their potential in a wide ranging curriculum.
Academic results are impressive with every child having gained a place at their chosen senior school in the last 20 years, but the health, happiness and safety of each individual girl and boy is more important still. School life is fun, children’s natural curiosity is stimulated by inspiring teaching and an excellent rapport between staff and children.
While modern technology is fully integrated, the school upholds its motto of “doing your best to be your best” and maintains the best of traditional methods and Christian values; good manners and consideration for others are at the heart of all that we do.
All children are equally important regardless of strengths and weaknesses, colour, creed or gender. All will find areas of strength and interest and all will be given the best possible preparation for senior schools and adult life.
We are lucky to work with such great children and supportive families in our idyllic setting in the South Downs National Park. We hope that you will enjoy experiencing a flavour of Great Ballard life on this website and we would be delighted to show you around the school and introduce you to the children and staff should you wish to find out more.
- Create a safe, happy environment, within which all pupils feel cherished.
- Provide the highest possible standard of learning experiences for all children, so that they may achieve their potential in a wide range of academic and non-academic areas.
- Build a Christian community where all children and adults are respected and cared for by each other.
- Give all children an appropriate and exciting challenge in preparation for the future.
- Develop a good working relationship with parents.
- Build a community where to give of your very best is readily encouraged so that it becomes the norm.
- Treat other people as you would like to be treated.
- Be honest and live with integrity.
- Listen to each other.
- Be kind, helpful and patient.
- Think the best of others.
- Do your best and be your best.